By Aaron Evangelisti / June 28th, 2018
Nicalis, Inc. has announced a release date for their upcoming crossover fighter, Blade Strangers. That date? August 28th!
Blade Strangers is a fighting game featuring 14 characters from multiple series such as Code of Princess, Cave Story, Binding of Isaac, and Umihara Kawase. It even includes Shovel Knight and Gunvolt from their respective games.
In addition to the character roster it’ll feature all your standard game modes we’ve come to expect from fighting games like story mode, arcade mode, versus mode (both online and local), a training mode, and many others. Blade Strangers is a four button fighter that promises to be both easy to pick up for newcomers as well as provide complexity for fighting game veterans.
Blade Strangers will be available as a digital release for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4 , and Steam and a physical release on consoles. It’ll retail for $39.99 USD and physical copies will include “surprise bonus goodies” inside. Be sure to check out Nicalis Inc’s press release below:
BLADE STRANGERS HITS NINTENDO SWITCHTM, PLAYSTATION®4 AND PC ON AUGUST 28th
The K.O.s are Coming as Action-Packed Crossover Fighting Game Awaits New Challengers
SANTA ANA, California, June 28, 2018 — Nicalis, Inc. today confirmed that the anticipated release of the all-new fighting game Blade Strangers is set for August 28, 2018 on Nintendo SwitchTM, PlayStation®4 and Steam (as well as arcade game centers in Japan). The indie crossover brawler developed by Studio Saizensen embraces a traditional and streamlined four-button control scheme that offers accessible inputs for beginner players, while still providing advanced players with endless opportunities to discover new tactics as they hone their skills.
Blade Strangers combines the excitement and subtle dynamics of a classic one-on-one fighting game with the polish and high-quality visuals expected from a current-gen contender. The game will arrive feature-rich at launch, complete with a wide variety of online and offline gameplay modes and additional offerings including:
- Story Mode – experience each character’s unique story
- Arcade Mode – pick a character and win matches to advance
- Challenge Mode – complete various skill challenges for each of the characters
- Survival Mode – battle against a barrage of CPU-controlled opponents
- Versus Mode – fight against friends or the CPU (with “standby” option)
- Online Modes – create or search for rooms and engage in Stealth, Casual or League matches
- Tutorial – for new players to learn the basics
- Training – practice moves and combos to hone skills (with “standby” option)
- Other Features – online leaderboards, screen view and control customization, player profiles, stat tracking, unlockable items (character colors, portraits, special titles)
2D Fighting GameBlade StrangersNicalisnintendo switchPCPlayStation 4Steam