By Mathew Imfeld / April 12th, 2018
Denis Galewski, an independent solo developer, has announced that his new game Gun Rage will release in the summer of 2018 for the PC. Inspired by the likes of Contra and Metal Slug, it is a run and gun with 16-bit inspired graphics. The game follows Axel Gunn, a smuggler who was robbed during his last delivery mission. Bent on revenge, go toe-to-toe with the likes of cultists, demons, mechas, and cyborg zombies. With a vast arsenal, destroy everything in the way to victory.
A trailer is also available down below.
12th April, 2018 – Denis Galewski, an independent solo game developer after 3 years of development announced that new game “Gun Rage”, releases summer 2018 for PC.
ABOUT THE GAME
Gun Rage is an old-school, fast-paced, side-scrolling, run and gun with 16-bit era graphics, heavily inspired by such series as Contra and Metal Slug, and pays homage to the greatest games of the genre.
Gun Rage is taking place in a distant future, where players take on the role of a smuggler named Axel Gunn, who gets robbed and nearly killed on one of the delivery missions. Axel sets out on a path of revenge to retrieve the stolen and to crush anyone who dared to mess with him, incurring the wrath of a mighty, menacing enemy. True, terrifying powers of which, he could not imagine.
- Big variety of enemies: armies of cyborg zombies, crazy cultists, giant mechas, abominable, heavily armed, huge monsters
- Challenging, complex, multiphase boss fights.
- Retro 16-bit era graphics. All hand-drawn.
- Old-school hardcore.
- Vast arsenal. Use various types of weapons: blaster, rifle, shotgun, melee, spread gun, grenades, rocket launcher. Pick new guns and switch between them at any time.
- Fast-paced gameplay with a lot of explosions, gore and blood.
- Every level of the game has distinctive indiuvidual art design and atmosphere.
- Dark synthwave music.
The game is a debut for solo independent game developer Denis Galeski.
All content is made by the author.
ContraDenis GalewskiGun RageMetal SlugSteam