By Crystal Colwell / April 26th, 2017
Turn based strategy adventure game, Renowned Explorers, is set in a fictitious 19th century historical setting. The games second expansion pack The Emperor’s Challenge releases May 10 for PC, Mac, and Linux. This expansion is set in Indonesia. The new location to explore comes with new characters, and a new game mode that will challenge veterans of the game. A full explanation can be found in the trailer below.
More about the expansion (from the press release)
Renowned Explorers: The Emperor’s Challenge is the second premium expansion pack for “adventurer manager” Renowned Explorers. The pack opens up East Asia with first-time additions to the character roster; a new expedition in Indonesia; and a whole new game mode in which you compete directly against Rivaleux to fulfill the desires of Chinese Emperor Guāngxù.
Features: (From Press Release)
- Explore the far corners of the world in the age of discovery, outsmart your rivals, campaign for fame and become the most Renowned Explorer of the 19th century
- Create your own adventures; get to know your explorers with their own character traits, skills and quirks, manage their progression while hunting for the most prestigious treasures
- Prepare your treasure hunt; collect Insight, Research, Gold and Status on your expeditions to acquire supplies and support for the next adventure
- Attitude-based gameplay; choose the best course of action by engaging your opponents physically and mentally using charm, deception, intimidation or a show of force
- There is always something new to discover in the thrilling procedurally generated expeditions, where your reputation opens up new opportunities
Abbey GamesRenowned ExplorersThe Emperor's Challenge