By William Haderlie / March 1st, 2016
— PlayStation (@PlayStation) March 1, 2016
The update is codenamed MUSASHI and it is scheduled to begin tomorrow, March 2nd. The changes in 3.50 that are being tested in the Beta are as follows:
New Social Features
- Friend Online Notification – Want to know the moment your friends come online? With this update, you can, as we’ve added an option to be notified when members of your friends list sign on the network.
- Appear Offline – Sometimes you want to play a game or watch a movie without being bothered by friends. Now it’s easier to go incognito as we’ve added the option to appear offline. You can designate if you would like to appear offline when you log-in or at any time from your Profile or the Quick Menu.
- User Scheduled Event – Time for a play date! We’ve added the ability to schedule a future gameplay session with your friends on the system. When your event starts, users who registered for the event will automatically be added to a party so you can start playing right away.
- Play Together – This features allows all members of a Party to see what each person is playing so that you can easily join a friend’s game, or start a new game together.
Other New System Features
- Remote Play (PC/Mac) – We’re bringing PS4 Remote Play to Windows PC and Mac. This feature won’t be available to test in the beta, but you can look forward to it soon.
- Dailymotion – With this update, you’ll be able to live stream directly to Dailymotion on PS4. We’ll also support archiving live broadcasts, like we do for other streaming services.
Alas, still no option to change your PSN name. But, more than likely, that will be news that would be announced at a major event press conference. Let us know in the comments what you think about these changes and what other changes you would like to PSN. Please come back here to Operation Rainfall for more PSN news… and more Musashi.
betaPS VitaPS3PS4PSNUpdate 3.50