By William Haderlie / February 22nd, 2016
February 22, 2016 – A new tactical rpg based on the fictional world of H.P. Lovecraft has been added to Steam Greenlight, it is called Witch House. The developer is an indie group called Wombat and Frog, with a name like that it is rather unsurprising that they are based in Melbourne, Australia. Their planned release is early access Q3, and full release Q4 2016.
Horror mystery meets turn-based tactics in Witch House. Oversee your team of courageous investigators as they solve supernatural crimes, and in the process acquire new skills and armaments to prepare for the coming apocalypse. Scour haunted mansions and ancient ruins for clues and artifacts. Sneak past, or confront and battle, terrible monsters beyond human reckoning. Challenge your perseverance and ingenuity to uncover and foil villainous schemes before they come to horrible fruition.
- Procedural generation: Explore a new combination of terrain, items and enemies on every case you embark.
- Varied Environments: Investigate the haunting locales of Arkham, the mysterious Miskatonic Valley, and beyond into alien dreamscapes.
- Living Story: Experience non-linear tale of supernatural greed, betrayal and madness, while making persistent decisions that will stay with your journey.
- Assemble your team: Select, train and arm your investigators to suit your play style.
- Character development: Your team will acquire new skills, reveal personality traits and secret histories over time.
- Gothic atmosphere: Embark on adventure in a world of moody pulp noir imagery.
Being a huge fan of both H.P. Lovecraft and also tactics rpgs, I am very keen on this title. Give it a look over at it’s Steam Greenlight page and vote for it if you are interested as well. I’ll be keeping an eye on this one and updating the Operation Rainfall community when there is news on it. Finally, here is the trailer for the proposed game.
IndiePCSteam Greenlighttactics rpgWitch HouseWombat and Frog