By Operation Rainfall Contributor / February 2nd, 2016
ED. NOTE: Well, in our quest to get the news to you, we overlooked that SEGA of America was the Sega Sammy division bringing over the game. I guess we assumed it was Atlus because this is something we associate more with them than the SEGA side of things. The article has been edited to reflect this.
SEGA of America has announced that they will be localizing 7th Dragon III Code: VFD for America. They detail the games premise via press release email:
- A bleak world and engaging story – The year is 2100, dragons have invaded Earth and are ravaging the human race. As the protagonist, players must team up with “video game company” Nodens Enterprises to become a dragon hunter and save the universe.
- Unique settings and time periods – Fortunately for humanity, Nodens Enterprises has found the key to tip the scales in favor of mankind. The protagonist must travel through time to three different eras — the mythical kingdom of Atlantis, futuristic capital of the land of Eden, and present-day Tokyo — in order to defeat the True Dragons and stand a chance against the most powerful one… the 7th Dragon: VFD.
- A deep party system and character customization options – All characters are completely customizable from the get-go. Players will be joined by two squad members in the field, and have up to nine characters in their party. With eight classes (such as Samurai, God Hand, Rune Knight, and more), 40 voice options, and 96 appearance options, gamers will have plenty of options to develop the perfect dragon hunting team.
- Base building with Nodens Enterprises HQ – Fighting dragons is tough work, but at least the team can recuperate at HQ where they can develop skills, collect side quests, and even go on dates. In addition, more floors such as a library, skylounge, and cat café can be added in order to improve HQ. Yes, you read that correctly, it says cat café.
- Lots of dragons! – Although there are a variety of enemies to fight, it would be wise to be prepared for the myriad dragons you’ll face. It’ll take careful planning and strategy to defeat these dragons, so choosing the right squad — and right look — is paramount!
Sega has also released a batch of screenshots of the game, which you can see below.
Here’s the announcement trailer :
7th Dragon III Code: VFD will release Summer 2016 for the Nintendo 3DS.
7th Dragon III Code: VFDAtlusSega