By Crystal Colwell / January 26th, 2016
Nordenfelt is now available on Steam. This one is a vertical scrolling steampunk shoot em up that is set in an alternative history. Steam powered machines are still all the rage and of course some mechanical behemoths are invading your land. It features an adaptive difficulty level and a rank system that judges your performance.
From The Press Release
“Nordenfelt is a bullet hell shooter in which you collect energy tokens for leveling up your primary weapon. Beating levels unlocks new equipment of your choice. Each equipment has a specific advantage. Bombs, for example, drain your energy gauge but give a multiple of score points. Tesla’s electrical beam weapons are useful for wiping out whole enemy formations at once. The auto-aim system frees you from aiming and lets you focus on dodging bullets.”
– Enjoy good old-school vertical scrolling shooter fun.
– Unlock equipment after each completed level.
– Tackle each level separately as often as you want.
– The rank system adapts the difficulty to your skills. The better you play the harder it gets.
– Get higher scores by bullet grazing.
– Check your highscore against other highscores via the online leaderboard.