By Eric Chetkauskas / November 8th, 2015
Last week, we took a look at the Atari Video Computer System, colloquially known as the Atari 2600. However, at least as far as the retro commercials go, the focus was on the system itself. Lest we forget, the 2600 had an extensive library of software as well.
While the early years of the system did have some clunkers, like sub-par ports of the arcade hits Pac-Man and Asteroids, there were also a number of classics, such as Pitfall! and Combat. Even after the video game crash, the Atari 2600 continued to receive great releases. H.E.R.O. and Double Dragon are two late-releases that come to mind immediately.
So, the oprainfall Retro Commercial Research Team–in other words, me–has dug up some TV commercials for games for the Atari 2600. These ones showcase some of my favorites for the system, but there are tons of others out there (note for future reference). So, enjoy, and let us know your favorites in the comments!
Here are the highlights from the past week.
REVIEWS & PREVIEWS
- REVIEW: Dragon Quest Heroes |
- REVIEW: Code: Guardian of Rebirth | Justin Guillou
- REVIEW: Stairs | Michael Fontanini
- REVIEW: Animal Gods | Phil Schipper
- REVIEW: Knight: Plague of Shadows | Colin Malone
- REVIEW: Corpse Party: Blood Drive | Benny Carrillo
- PREVIEW: Superbeat XONiC |
- Extra-Life 2015 Team oprainfall
- What’s Your Xenoblade X Union?
- Total Control Ep 53: Two Hours of Censorship; Ten Minutes of Other Stuff (PODCAST)
- Get Some Pizza With Your Copy of Xenoblade Chronicles X
- Muv-Luv Kickstarter Ends with Resounding Success
- Smash Splat Wii U Bundle Bound for Black Friday
- PRESS RELEASE: The Devil on G-String Available Now on Steam
- Sword Art Online Vol. 16 Cover and New Asuna Design Revealed
- Konami Closes Its Los Angeles Studio
- Konami Wants to Make Another Metal Gear Solid Game
- NieR: Automata will be a spiritual sequel to NieR
AtariAtari 2600Journey Escapekaboom!Mario Bros.oprainfallRetroretro wrap-upSpider fighterVanguard