By Jerry Hrechka / November 3rd, 2015
The latest financial results report from Koei Tecmo reports that the company has a ‘collaboration with a prominent overseas IP’ in the works. It’s not too surprising as the company already has several IP collaborations in the work that are sure to be high-profile hits, such as the Attack on Titan game adaptation coming to PlayStation consoles, Dissidia: Final Fantasy for the arcade, and Yo-Kai Watch x Romance of the Three Kingdoms for Nintendo platforms.
The collaborations could also very well be due to Koei Tecmo’s overall lower domestic revenue for 2015. Koei Tecmo had an overall 9.9% decrease in revenue and game software itself seeing a 10% decrease. There are a variety of reasons including the low amount of games and delays. The use of cross-collaboration IP could be a shot in the arm that could get the company more certain money they desire. An increase in revenue on smartphone games means that the company could also be looking to increase focus there.
The report also provided sales date for its recently related games. You can find those below.
- Arslan: The Warriors of Legend — 60,000 units sold in Japan and Asia
- Nights of Azure — 150,000 units sold in Japan and Asia
- Samurai Warriors 4: Empires — 100,000 units sold in Japan and Asia
- Dead or Alive 5: Core Fighters — four million downloads worldwide
- Nobunaga’s Ambition 201X — 600,000 downloads