By Jeff Neuenschwander / June 14th, 2015
Apologies for getting these out so close to the first press conference. I meant to do this yesterday but was busy with another project.
Then again, with all the games getting revealed before the conferences, what kind of predictions are there to be had anyway? As one of our editors, Eric Chetkauskas, said in our predictions discussion, “There won’t be anything left for E3, everyone’s announcing their games now.” While I do think there will be more games announced, I do have to agree a bit with that sentiment.
Which of course makes it difficult for people to come up with predictions. So when they were having trouble, I just asked for the most ridiculous thing they can come up with. This is unfortunately what I first got:
“Sega will announce a new console.”
Not ridiculous enough. Let’s try again.
“The Last Guardian will be announced.”
…Can you at least try to be original?
“Wayforward will take over all of Capcom’s assets and become the new Capcom.”
Well, at least Josh Speer was trying with that last one. But I think writer Tom Tolios wins for ridiculous.
“Capcom: ‘We’ve been fools for years and will be allowing Platinum Games to develop the next game in the Devil May Cry series for us. In the game, Dante will meet Platinum’s own Bayonetta and they will team up to fight monsters and save the world.’
I mean really, if this happened, Capcom could just drop the mic and walk away as far as I’m concerned.”
So, enough of the ridiculous and negative. What do we think may happen this year?
WHAT MAY HAPPEN AT E3 2015
Eric Chetkauskas, Editor
- Nintendo: Super Mario Collection for 30th Anniversary, Zelda 30th Anniversary (2016) plans. Animal Crossing U announced, Splatoon DLC, a Nintendo Land-esque amiibo game announced, DeNa/Mobile games, QoL, Quick tease of NX. If the NX is ready enough to be shown, look for Zelda U to be a launch title for that, and another Zelda game (Twilight Princess 3D?) to be revealed. Look for at least one more “New 3DS” exclusive.
- Square Enix: Dragon Quest Heroes 2 (Japan only), *possibly* one other DQ game announced for NA (most likely candidates are VII, VIII, or Theatrhythm). Final Fantasy Explorers for NA, A new FF mobile game (probably Japan only).
- Capcom: A new Mega Man game. (Not as unlikely now as it was a couple weeks ago)
- Microsoft: A new Battletoads game.
Will Whitehurst, Lead Translator
- Something Shenmue 3-related. Come on already, SEGA!
- Nintendo: Bayon3tta announced. The Wonderful 102! Yo-Kai Watch trailer, as well as trailers for LBeX and The Snack World. Intelligent Systems won’t pull the “two versions” game with Fire Emblem if. And what if they announced a new title? On that note, the English title for the SMTxFE crossover is revealed, and is much less bizarre than Japan’s “Illusory Revelations: Sharp FE.”
- Square: Kingdom Hearts Unchained χ gets an English release. Dragon Quest, hint hint?
- Ubisoft: That one Wii U game they have ready is announced; it turns out to be another title of the Just Dance variety.
- Atlus: The new Kenka Bancho: Badass Rumble installment for the 3DS is localized.
Jeff Neuenschwander, Editor-in-Chief
- Bethesda: Something id Software related. Maybe a new Wolfenstein game or new campaign for The New Order. Maybe a second Rage game teased. Dishonored II revealed.
- Microsoft: New Fable game. New Rare game… and by that I mean a new game using a Rare property. New expansion for Project Spark. Demo for new Call of Duty. Maybe a new Gears of War.
- EA: New Need for Speed title. Rory McIlroy will come in and pimp the PGA Tour game. The new Criterion game will be revealed. Something Facebook and Mobile related.
- Ubisoft: The Rabbids will be doing something. Either a dance party with Just Dance or jam session for Rocksmith. New Call of Juarez game revealed. Something new from UbiArts. Some movie talk.
- Sony: The Last Guardian finally revealed at last. Some sort of exclusive content for Battlefield players. Price cut for PS Vita. Maybe a Vita game.
- Nintendo: A montage of Nindies. Mother 3 to release in the future. Yo-kai Watch and another Level-5 property (hoping for The Snack World) get first looks in English. Next Metroid game announced.
- Square Enix: Dragon Quest VII and Dragon Quest VIII 3DS remakes coming to the West. Another Final Fantasy remake. Final Fantasy Explorers coming West. More games on mobile.
Well, that’s what we’re hoping for. What do we think will happen?
BattlefrontBethesdaBravely SecondDragon QuestEAfallout 4Final Fantasykingdom hearts 3Mass EffectMicrosoftMirror’s EdgeNintendoPlaystationSonySquare EnixThe Last GuardianUbisoft