By Tom Tolios / April 14th, 2015
Seal Monsters, Save the World, and Get the Girl(s) in Hardcore Dungeon-Crawling RPG Dungeon Travelers 2: The Royal Library & the Monster Seal
ATLUS to publish Dungeon Travelers 2: The Royal Library & the Monster Seal Exclusively for PS Vita
IRVINE, Calif. — April 14 — Dungeon Travelers 2: The Royal Library & the Monster Seal, one of the most die-hard Japanese role playing games for dungeon crawling fan-service devotees will make its debut on American shores later this year thanks to Atlus U.S.A., Inc., and AquaPlus (AquaPazza, Tears to Tiara II: Heir of the Overlord). As you grow your party of female warriors, mages, maids, etc. in Dungeon Travelers 2, the depth of the intricate class system and party management minutiae unlocks tons of play styles. Exclusive to the PlayStation®Vita handheld entertainment system, Dungeon Travelers 2 will be available for $39.99 (CA$49.99) in both physical and digital formats this summer. Dungeon Travelers 2 is also compatible with PlayStation®TV.
The kingdom of Romulea is in peril. Monsters are leaking out of every nook and cranny in the land, and to make matters worse, they have started an uprising against humanity. Players take on the role of Fried, an adventurer from the Royal Library sent to stop the uprising. But early in his journey, he discovers a broken shrine along the way. This sets in motion the story of Dungeon Travelers 2, where Fried travels around the kingdom of Romulea, and through rescuing, defeating, or bumping into any of the 16 unique girls that can join his party, Fried is on a mission to save the world! Set in a first-person perspective with turn-based combat, players will encounter normal monsters as well as more powerful mutant girls, who must be sealed away to prevent the spread of the evil monster scourge.
Dungeon Travelers 2 features:
- Art That is Sure to Leave a Mark: The hand-drawn art of the girls in your party, as well as the mutant girls who must be defeated breathe scintillating life into the quixotic world of Romulea.
- Sealed with Power: Defeating enemies in the dungeon produces Sealbooks, which can give the girls in your party unique bonuses, enchant weapons, or be sold for gold. Deciding how to use the Sealbooks is a crucial part of the game’s dungeon-crawling aspects
- Turn the Party into a Par-tay: As you explore dungeons, players can trigger sub-events which allow for further character development between Fried and the individual girls in his party. Favorite girls can even show up in the menus (cosmetically) more often.
- Min-maxers’ Delight: Each girl in your party has one of five base classes, from which they can spec into one of several sub-classes, which can be further specialized. For example, a Magic User can become a Sorceress, which can specialize into Magical Princess. Each subclass has its own unique skill-set and corresponding armor/outfit, allowing for intricate tweaks for discerning party managers.
- Original Audio: Dungeon Travelers 2 presents the game with English text localized by ATLUS and fully voiced Japanese audio.
Dungeon Travelers 2 is a Japanese RPG from ATLUS and developed by AquaPlus. It will be available in the Americas beginning summer 2015. For more details on the game, please visit the official website at http://www.atlus.com/
Atlus U.S.A., Inc. has become known across the industry as a mark of high-quality, deeply immersive, uniquely Japanese video game experiences. With award-winning titles that reach across a variety of genres and platforms, including the Shin Megami Tensei® and Persona® series of role-playing games, the ground-breaking action-adventure/puzzle game Catherine™, and the much-celebrated RPG Demon’s Souls™, Atlus is committed to offering the highest standard in interactive entertainment experiences. www.atlus.com
AquaPlusAtlusDungeon Travelers 2