By Crystal Colwell / March 4th, 2015
FranknJohn is the randomly generated head-smashing RPG that is now available on Steam. FranknJohn wakes with no memory, busting from his grave. His head will only stay on his body with the help of a chain. Alas, his weakest point becomes his ally as he uses his head to smash into his enemies. I guess this game really offers us some head smashing fun! Did I mention you can currently get in on the early access of this game for 10% off? That makes it $13.49. Check out more about the game below.
About This Game (From Steam)
FranknJohn is a randomly generated head-smashing RPG. Young FranknJohn is a failed experiment of a demented scientist, Dr Harmin. He wakes, with no memory, bursting from his grave, with a head that can only stay on his body with the help of a chain. FranknJohn is far from helpless however, as his flaw becomes his strength – he can swing his head wildly round to smash away the plethora of strange creatures that roam the house of horror..
- Smash enemies with FranknJohn’s weaponized head
- Experiment with 15 different Skullcaps that alter gameplay in many different ways
- Huge skill tree. Collect shiny Marbles and use them to upgrade your stats
- Randomly generated adventure. A new experience with each new life
- Battle through the first area of the game, The Garden of Denial
- Perma-death, challenging enemies and the spider Queen Sheela will test the sternest of players
- Glorious soundtrack by Ben Prunty (FTL/Gravity Ghost)
- Explore FrankJohn’s underground hideout
- More areas – The Furnace of Anger, The Cistern of Depression and The Lab of Isolation
- More variety, challenges and secrets – We have lot’s of fun stuff in store
- More Skullcaps – these are so much fun to make we want to keep making them forever
- More enemies – Each new area will have roughly the same amount of enemies currently available
- More bosses – Dr. Harmins most prized creations are being readied for battle
- Local co-op – play with a friend! Currently in closed-testing and will be launching soon
- More glorious soundtrack by Ben Prunty
We have put a lot of effort into making sure FranknJohn is as bug free as possible, however the game is in Early Access so it is unavoidable. We will do our best to squish them as soon as they present their ugly heads.
A game like this lives or dies on it’s balance, so expect a lot of tweaking to occur throughout Early Access.
bitSmith GamesFranknJohnIndie gamesSteam