By Justin Guillou / February 23rd, 2015
TV Tokyo announced that the next season of Hideaki Sorachi’s Gintama will premiere April 8th in Japan at 6PM JST (5AM EDT/2AM PDT). The site also lists the main staff behind this season. They are as follow:
- Supervisor: Yoichi Fujita (Directed episodes 100-265)
- Director: Chizuru Miyawaki (Associate Director for Cute High Earth Defense Club LOVE!)
- Character designer: Shinji Takeuchi
- Sound supervisor: Katsuyoshi Kobayashi
- Sound director: Shinji Takamatsu
- Anime Production Sunrise
The band BLUE ENCOUNT will be performing the new opening “DAY X DAY” and girl band Negoto will do the ending song “DESTINY”
For those of you looking for a series that tries to bend the rules established by shounen manga, this is one to check out. It pokes fun at nearly every anime, manga, or video game trope out there. The more anime you watch, the more manga you read, the more video games you play, the funnier Gintama gets.
Gintama can be watched on Crunchyroll. For those of you that watch it, which arcs do you hope to see animated? Let us know in the comments below.
SOURCE (Gintama site in Japanese)
animeanimudondakeGintamashounenSunrisethis is pretty desu