By David Fernandes / November 25th, 2014
Irvine, Calif. — Nov. 25, 2014 — The shadows have amassed, the Velvet Room is open once more and the fate of the world is at stake once again as Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth is now available in North America. Exclusively on the Nintendo 3DS™ handheld entertainment system, Persona Q marks the first time ATLUS’ renowned Persona franchise will be available on a Nintendo console. Persona Q is now available in stores or digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo 3DS for $49.99. Persona Q is also available as “The Wild Cards” Premium Edition for $79.99, but supplies are extremely limited.
In Persona Q, characters from Persona 3 and 4 have been given a complete visual overhaul to match the Etrian style and plunged into an alternate world resembling Yasogami High School. The protagonists from Persona 3 and Persona 4 get trapped in a school festival, where the themed classrooms are actually sprawling dungeons teeming with monsters. As both groups seek a way out of the labyrinth, they will run in to two new characters, Rei and Zen, who may hold the secret to this new mystery.
Engaging Characters and Story – Revisit the beloved cast from Persona 3 and Persona 4 to learn more about them and their social relationships with each other. Then engage in a brand new story with the new characters Zen and Rei.
More than 80 hours of brand new Persona story to explore – A new, standalone story awaits the protagonists from Persona 3 and Persona 4. Each side of the story will have different dialogue choices and reveal new aspects about the circumstances surrounding the cultural festival.
Familiar Persona Combat….in a brand new format – Persona Q is a true hybrid. Dungeon crawling will be done in the five-member party, first-person Etrian style gameplay, but characters will be able to equip Personas, powerful beings that unlock magic abilities, to create a wide variety of combat style.
Fully Voiced Story Dialogue – The game features fully voiced English audio, with thousands of lines of dialogue.
Persona Q will be available at retail stores in normal and premium editions:
Persona Q Limited Standard Edition:
- Tarot Card Set #2 – The collection of the iconic Tarot Cards used as evokers in Persona 4 are being released as a collector’s set across Persona 4 Arena Ultimax and Persona Q Set #2 will include the Tarot Cards of Arcanas XI – XXI
- Special Packaging – The first run of PQ items will come in a special package.
Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth: “The Wild Cards” Premium Edition:
- This ultimate collector’s item is being made available in North America and will come in special packaging that includes the following items:
- Tarot Card Set #2 – Same as above
- Art Booklet – Collection of some of the amazing new artwork that went into Persona Q
- Soundtrack CD – CD with the Persona Q soundtrack highlights by the ATLUS sound team
- Deluxe Hard Case for 3DS XL – This hard case, previously available only in Japan, is coming to North America and features Persona Q designs and will house a 3DS XL
Full release is below, here are the videos and DLC info!
Persona Q DLC Pricing and Roll-out Schedule:
Sub-Personas – These additional sub-Personas will show up in the Persona Compendium after purchasing and can be summoned once for free.
- 11/25 – Kaguya – Free
- 12/2 – Orpheus Telos – Free
- 12/2 – Magatsu Izanagi – $1.99
- 12/2 – Thanatos – $1.99
Navigator Voices – Change the voice of the Labyrinth and Battle navigators to any of the voices below! The dialogue differs per voice and is adapted to voice’s personality.
- 12/9 – Margaret – $2.99
- 12/9 – Elizabeth – $2.99
- 12/9 – Theodore – $2.99
- 12/16 – Marie – $2.99
- 12/16 – Nanako – $2.99
3DSAtlusDLCPersona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinthpress release