NOTE: This article is from the oprainfall Campaign Hub, written by an independent campaign, and hosted on the oprainfall website. The opinions herein may not represent the opinions of oprainfall.
Koei Tecmo and Nintendo released the debut trailer of the new Fatal Frame for the Wii U a few nights ago through niconico. Nintendo Everything did a fly-by-night translation of the conference and came across some interesting details. Seven of these details in particular stood out to me.
1. The full title is Zero: Nuregarasu no Miko (or literally Fatal Frame: The Black Haired Shrine Maiden), and it comes out 9/27/2014 in Japan.
2. It has the three elements of a Zero/Fatal Frame game: ghosts that can come from anywhere, old Japanese houses, and the Camera Obscura itself are all present.
3. The concept for the game is all about water; places with lots of flowing water such as a river, waterfall, etc. will be present, and it seems to have plenty of outdoor arenas to go with the indoor environments.
4. You will use the GamePad to take pictures.
5. Main character’s name is Yuri Kagemi Kozukata. She has the ability to look for people who have been taken into the ghost world and possibly bring them back to the world of the living. Kinda like a psychic medium in a way.
6. The game’s volume will be the biggest in the entire series; lots of work being put in, meaning the game itself could be a long one, bigger than Fatal Frame 3: The Tormented on PS2? It’s a possibility.
7. AnJu is doing the ending theme, titled “Higanbana.” The song is about the line between life and death, and seems to have a positive kind of message behind it, meant to represent reuniting with loved ones, warmth, love, etc.
The debut trailer for the game itself was also released and can be seen here: Fatal Frame: The Black Haired Shrine Maiden – Announcement Trailer (https://www NULL.youtube NULL.com/watch?v=nZvuAJqENCk).
Read more about the game, and about the Japanese and Hollywood movies being worked on: Details about the Fatal Frame presentation from Nintendo Everything (http://nintendoeverything NULL.com/details-from-the-fatal-frame-presentation/).
More info will be coming in the near future, and of course you bet Operation Zero will be all over it. There was a tweet done by a member that actually gave us hope that an overseas release could very much be a reality. It can be read here: https://twitter.com/makoto_shibata/status/489696336594214912 (https://twitter NULL.com/makoto_shibata/status/489696336594214912).
We also encourage you to come join Operation Zero (https://www NULL.facebook NULL.com/pages/Operation-Zero/131582506953973) on our official Facebook page just by clicking on our name, and we want to announce that a new write-in/call-in is being planned now that we have a firm release date for the game in Japan. Stay tuned for further details on that.