By Crystal Colwell / May 13th, 2014
Are you or is someone you know a slacker? Sure you are! We all can be sometimes. I know many of us hate when we slack off and miss out on something we know we would have liked to have been a part of—like the Kickstarter for Dragon Fin Soup (which oprainfall Review Manager Josh Speer checked out last year at PAX Prime 2013)! The Kickstarter may have ended, but developer Grimm Bros‘ quest for funding has continued with their limited-time Slacker Backer campaign.
So if you were a slacker and didn’t back the Kickstarter, what can you do? Step one is to check out the game on Steam Greenlight and see if it’s something you want to support. If it is, follow step two: go to the Dragon Fin Soup online store and pick a tier. The upside here is you’ll still get the same perks as those who contributed to the Kickstarter.
Goodies available (for a limited time!!) include (but are not limited to) the following:
- The Original Soundtrack ($5)—Includes the original soundtrack from composer Jade Leamcharaskul and an HD wallpaper pack.
- The Game ($15)—Includes Dragon Fin Soup, a digital game menu and access to the forums to chat with the Grimm team as well as the OST and HD wallpaper pack.
- Digital Plus Edition ($20)—Includes previous rewards and the Digital Plus Edition of Dragon Fin Soup, as well as a digital art book and another HD wallpaper pack.
- Pet Familiar Edition ($35)—Includes previous rewards as well as an exclusive, specially chosen pet (in-game).
- Artisian Edition ($40)—Includes previous rewards except the exclusive pet, plus the Artisan Edition of Dragon Fin Soup which gives you a 20×15 art print signed by Randis Albion.
The Otaku Edition looks rather interesting. For $999, you get quite a few perks, including the chance to join the Grimm team for a collaborative design jam where you create a zombie who looks like you! There is also a plushie and an engraved crystal to be had.
I won’t list every option available, but there are quite a few goodies you can purchase. Head over to the store and see which one you’d prefer. They range in price from $5 to $5,000, with the second-most expensive being the Music Box 3.0 Edition. It includes the OST, two HD wallpaper packs, the game, the manual, forum access, the digital art book, the exclusive pet, blood rings, posters, a wolf plushie, a limited-edition t-shirt, your name in the credits, a softcover art book and Music Boxes 1.0, 2.0 and 3.0.
Grimm Bros has raised $124,370 and will reach their next stretch goal with $5,630 more!
If you were a total slacker and didn’t click the above links to check out the game, here is a trailer!
Dragon Fin SoupGrimm Bros