By Max Keil / March 27th, 2014
The 10th Annual International Mobile Gaming Awards concluded on March 20th with Frogmind’s BADLAND receiving the Grand Prix award. Other winners included Simogo’s creepy Year Walk which recently released on Steam, and Camouflaj’s Republique.
The complete list of awards and the winners is included below.
- Best Serious Game: Artisitco: The Game for Art Lovers by Play Art Labs, Ltd. Israel
- Excellence in Art Design: Year Walk by Simogo, Sweden
- Excellence in Sound Design: Papa Sangre II by Somethin’Else, published by Playground Publishing, The Netherlands
- Best Technical Achievement: Clumsy Ninja by Natural Motion, United Kingdom
- Best Shared Experience: Heads Up by Warner Bros., United States
- Excellence in Storytelling: Republique by Camouflaj, United States
- Best Quikplay: Colossatron – Massive World Threat by Halfbrick Studios, Australia
- Best Upcoming Game: Framed by Loveshack Entertainment, Australia.
- Excellence in Innovation: Blek by Denis Mikhan, Austria
- Excellence in Gameplay: rymdkapsel by Grapefrukt Games, Sweden
- People’s Choice: Tiny Thief by 5 Ants Spain, published by Rovio, Finland
- Jury’s Honorable Mention: Luxuria Superbia by Tale of Tales, Belgium
- Grand Prix: Badland by Frogmind, Finland
All of the winners (except the upcoming Framed) are available on Apple’s App Store, with Badland, Heads Up, Colossatron – Massive World Threat, rymdkapsel, Tiny Thief, and Luxuria Superbia also being available on Google’s Play Store. In addition to that several of the games such as rymdkapsel, Luxuria Superbia, and Year Walk can be purchased for PC.
BadlandInternational Gaming AwardsRepubliqueYear Walk