§ 50% launch discount (14 – 20 March 2014)
§ New trailer released today
§ New Steam features included
Friday 14th March 2014, Manchester: Merge Games, an independent publisher specialising in collectable games and digital distribution, today announced the launch of The Book of Legends developed by Aldorlea Games (http://www.aldorlea.org (http://www NULL.aldorlea NULL.org/)) on Steam.
The Book of Legends is an epic game created by the makers of Millennium, Dreamscape, Moonchild, Undefeated, 3 Stars of Destiny and Asguaard – Aldorlea Games. The story, characters and dialogues, developed by Indinera Falls, are immersive and enthralling – a huge stand-alone role playing game, packed full with characters, quests, items and secrets, evocative of the greats of the genre.
Merge Games launches The Book of Legends on Steam today with a number of new features including 40 achievements, badges, trading cards, emoticons and user backgrounds.
The world is increasingly being dominated by thieves, rogues and bandits signaling the awakening of Demon of Fear, Azutura, who feeds on people’s fears. The solution will be found and crafted by the best alchemists of the realm: a special relic whose vapors will send Demon into a profound sleep for the next few decades or so.
A notorious traveler gifted with an extraordinary strength, Jordan, is sent to the House of Fear where the Demon lies to do the job. But the very first day of his mission, he is robbed by thieves and loses the precious relic!
Key features include:
· More than 30 playable characters - play as the strongest man in the world, a princess, a celebrity, a ghost, a dragon, a demon and even a chicken or a cow.
· More than 125 spells to cast, over 60 weapons and 110 pieces of equipment.
· More than 100 different enemies including extraordinary monsters such as dragons, manticores, demons and ogres.
· More than 300 areas to explore with 50 hours of playtime with a myriad of side quests and secrets.
· 2 different modes – casual and RPG.
· Easy-to-use Quest book and Party Switcher
· Party Splitting
· Variety – your choices affect the game significantly, multiple endings and an exciting story full of twists and witty or hilarious dialogs.
|Trailer:||https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Axk_PJoj1Uk (https://www NULL.youtube NULL.com/watch?v=Axk_PJoj1Uk)|
|Release date:||Friday 14th March 2014|
|Available||http://store.steampowered.com/app/277470/ (http://store NULL.steampowered NULL.com/app/277470/)|
|Price||$14.99 / £10.99 / €14.99|
Minimum System Requirements
OS: Windows XP/Windows Vista/Windows 7/8
Processor: 1.6 GHz
Memory: 128 MB RAM
Graphics: DirectX 9.0 Compatible
DirectX: Version 9.0
Hard Drive: 150 MB available space
Sound Card: DirectX 9.0 Compatible Sound
For additional information visit the Merge Games website. (http://www NULL.mergegames NULL.com/the-book-of-legends-debuts-on-steam-today/)
About Merge Games
Merge Games is an independent publisher based in Manchester, UK. We specialise in publishing collectable games for retail and worldwide digital distribution for independent developers. Our back catalogue includes Monaco: What’s Yours Is Mine, The Inner World, Limbo – Collector’s Edition, Binding of Issac, Terraria Collector’s Edition and many more. For more information visit www.mergegames.com (http://www NULL.mergegames NULL.com/)