By Guy Rainey / October 26th, 2013
Skylanders is, in this author’s opinion, one of the best (if not the best) new IPs from the last generation. It’s pretty fun, especially the platforming-focused 3DS games. It’s also one of the few high-profile games not based on a movie or cartoon directly aimed at kids, without being so shallow as to leave older gamers underwhelmed. While I haven’t gotten a chance to try out Skylanders SWAP Force yet, the swappable figures appeal to me, and the ability to jump has been a sorely lacking feature.
Nintendo has been busy forging a relationship with Skylanders. Last year, the Wii got a Skylanders Giants pack in; but this year, there is going to be a Skylanders SWAP Force Wii U pack. This pack includes:
- A white Wii U Basic system
- A Skylanders SWAP Force starter pack that includes:
- Skylanders SWAP Force Wii U software
- A Portal of Power®
- Three Skylanders figures, including Ninja Stealth Elf (one of the Core Skylanders) and two SWAP Force™ characters: Blast-Zone and an exclusive color shift Washbuckler
- A collector’s poster, trading cards and sticker sheets
- A Nintendo Land™ game disc
This is a pretty good pack for families. For $300, if you love Skylanders, want the best version, and don’t have a Wii U, this might be a good way to get it.
Pages: 1 2ActivisionSkylanders SWAP Force