By Samuel North / August 8th, 2013
Looks like more and more game developers are taking this year’s Gamescom very seriously, as Square Enix announced a very large line up to showcase to the public. Gamescom will run from August 21 to 25 in Cologne, Germany and will be seeing a number of demos, presentations, and much more from Square Enix, who has just come from a strong showing at this year’s E3.
Here is Square Enix’s line up below.
- Deus Ex: The Fall (iOS, Android) – playable kiosks
- Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster (PS3, PSV) – playable kiosks, presentations
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn (PC, PS3) – playable kiosks, presentations, dedication with producer Naoki Yoshida
- Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix (PS3) – playable kiosks
- Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII (PS3, 360) – playable kiosks, presentations
- Murdered: Soul Suspect (PC, PS3, 360) – presentations
- Thief (PC, PS3, 360, PS4, XBO) – presentations
While an impressive showing, in a press release Sqaure Enix has promised that there will be much more. In this press release they have stated that “additional titles such as upcoming highlights Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts III will be presented as part of the trailer shows that form part of the scheduled stage shows.”
Gamescom will be available for the public to experience in Hall 9 of the Koelnmesse in Cologne, Germany. This European game convention will be running from August 21 to 25, with large video game giants that will include Nintendo, Sony, and even Microsoft making an appearance.