NOTE: This article is from the oprainfall campaign hub, written by an independent campaign, and hosted on the oprainfall website. The opinions herein may not represent the opinions of the oprainfall website.
This upcoming Saturday, June 1, 2013 we will march on with our campaign with a seventh mass-social media posting to renew interest in the Breath of Fire series and show Capcom that fans would love to see a sequel to the resting IP.
Participants for this Saturday mass-posting are asked to do the following (and for the first of every month after):
- “Like” the Breath of Fire Facebook (https://www NULL.facebook NULL.com/pages/Breath-of-Fire/164105313636956) and Twitter (https://twitter NULL.com/BreathofFire_) page.
- “Like” and post on Capcom’s official Facebook page (https://www NULL.facebook NULL.com/capcomunity?fref=ts) about Breath of Fire, requesting a sequel, re-releases/remakes, expressing your love for Breath of Fire, etc.
- Follow and tweet @Capcom_Unity (https://twitter NULL.com/Capcom_Unity) with BoF6 requests as well, likewise with @Capcom_UK (https://twitter NULL.com/Capcom_UK) and @CapcomUnityJp (https://twitter NULL.com/CapcomUnityJp).
- Register for the Capcom-Unity (http://capcom-unity NULL.com/) forums and post in the Breath of Fire discussion group (http://www NULL.capcom-unity NULL.com/capcom_games_discussion/go/thread/view/7341/811415/breath-of-fire-groupdiscussion-thread). Feel free to make new threads under Game Discussion (http://www NULL.capcom-unity NULL.com/capcom_games_discussion/go/forum/view/7341/17051/capcom-games-discussion) that discuss elements of Breath of Fire games.
- A few threads about Breath of Fire exist on the Ask Capcom (http://www NULL.capcom-unity NULL.com/ask_capcom/go/forum/view/7371/233087/Ask_Capcom) section. Please post in those and start up some discussions (links are below)!
- Go to Capcom’s suggestion form (https://www NULL.capcom NULL.co NULL.jp/support/form_cs1/) on its Japanese website (certain browsers can automatically translate the page) and request a worldwide Breath of Fire revival!
- Wii U users: Log into Miiverse on Wii U and post about Breath of Fire in the Mega Man (https://miiverse NULL.nintendo NULL.net/titles/14866558073027953206/14866558073027953208) and upcoming Mega Man X communities. BoF art is highly encouraged!
Posting on Capcom’s Facebook/Twitter
One great suggestion from a fan is that we attach a BoF-related image on Capcom’s Facebook and Twitter pages. Fan art, or a customized image of our slogan, “We Desire Breath of Fire” would be a great idea! Submit your images to the BoF Facebook page. (https://www NULL.facebook NULL.com/pages/Breath-of-Fire/164105313636956)
We need to try to get gaming media outlets to recognize us. Gaming news sites like Kotaku and Destructoid have covered online movements like Operation Rainfall (https://www NULL.facebook NULL.com/OperationRainfall?fref=ts), Operation Moonfall (https://www NULL.facebook NULL.com/OperationMoonfall?fref=ts), 100,000 Strong for Mega Man Legends 3 (https://www NULL.facebook NULL.com/GetMeOffTheMoon?fref=ts) and the Suikoden Revival Movement (https://www NULL.facebook NULL.com/SuikodenRevival?fref=ts) in the past. Any efforts to spread news of our cause to various gaming sites will be immensely appreciated.
If you have a Neo GAF account, I strongly encourage you to post this link on the site’s forum and participate in the 20th Anniversary thread (http://www NULL.neogaf NULL.com/forum/showthread NULL.php?t=534042).
Capcom-Unity threads you can post in (Ask Capcom threads are noticed by employees, but need to be kept on the first page to be noticed!):
- Breath of Fire is now a generation old, so……… (http://www NULL.capcom-unity NULL.com/ask_capcom/go/thread/view/7371/29844627/breath-of-fire-is-now-a-generation-old-so?pg=1)
- Breath of Fire (SNES) re-release on Wii/Wii U? (http://www NULL.capcom-unity NULL.com/ask_capcom/go/thread/view/7371/29844709/breath-of-fire-snes-re-release-on-wiiwii-u?pg=1)
- Will Breath of Fire II (SNES) be coming to Wii U Virtual Console? (http://www NULL.capcom-unity NULL.com/ask_capcom/go/thread/view/7371/29912755/will-breath-of-fire-ii-snes-be-coming-to-wii-u-virtual-console)
- Possible release of Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter as a PS2 Classics title? (http://www NULL.capcom-unity NULL.com/ask_capcom/go/thread/view/7371/29758865/possible-release-of-breath-of-fire-dragon-quarter-as-a-ps2-classics-title)
- HD remake of breath of fire 3 (http://www NULL.capcom-unity NULL.com/ask_capcom/go/thread/view/7371/29850741/hd-remake-of-breath-of-fire-3)
- Breath of Fire Series Merchandise (http://www NULL.capcom-unity NULL.com/ask_capcom/go/thread/view/7371/29787573/breath-of-fire-series-merchandise)
- Sticky: Breath of Fire Group/discussion Thread (http://www NULL.capcom-unity NULL.com/capcom_games_discussion/go/thread/view/7341/811415/breath-of-fire-groupdiscussion-thread)
- Has a Capcom game ever made you emotional? (http://www NULL.capcom-unity NULL.com/capcom_games_discussion/go/thread/view/7341/28886761/has-a-capcom-game-ever-made-you-emotional)
- Register at GOG.com (http://www NULL.gog NULL.com/) and vote UP for a PC re-release of Breath of Fire IV! (http://www NULL.gog NULL.com/wishlist/games/breath_of_fire_iv)
- Log into your PSN account (or if you don’t have one yet, create one here (https://account NULL.sonyentertainmentnetwork NULL.com/external/create-account!input NULL.action)) and vote UP on the following two fan requests:
- Breath of Fire III & IV on PSN (http://share NULL.blog NULL.us NULL.playstation NULL.com/ideas/2010/04/12/breath-of-fire-iii-iv-on-psn/)
- Breath of Fire 3 download in the U.S. (http://share NULL.blog NULL.us NULL.playstation NULL.com/ideas/2010/09/14/breath-of-fire-3-download-in-the-u-s/)
- Post on the official Sony Playstation Facebook page (https://www NULL.facebook NULL.com/PlayStation), requesting a PSN release of Breath of Fire III for North America. Capcom is currently in talks with SCEA about possibly giving another go for the game, which was initially rejected by Sony six years ago.
If you have the funds, purchase the following:
- If you own a Wii or Wii U in North America, Europe or Japan, purchase Breath of Fire II on the Virtual Console for 800 Wii Points.
- If you own a PSP, PS3, or Vita in Europe or Japan, purchase Breath of Fire III (PSP) (https://store NULL.sonyentertainmentnetwork NULL.com/#!/en-gb/games/breath-of-fire-3-psp/cid=EP0102-ULES00193_00-PPCBREATHO000001) on PSN (Great Britain link enclosed).
- If you own a PSP, PS3 or Vita in North America or Japan, purchase Breath of Fire IV (https://store NULL.sonyentertainmentnetwork NULL.com/#!/en-us/games/breath-of-fire-iv-(ps3-psp-ps-vita)/cid=UP9000-NPUJ01324_00-0000000000000001) on PSN (US link enclosed).
Due to differing time zones, you’re free to begin your posts starting at midnight on May 1.
Some basic guidelines:
1. Don’t spam. Basically, don’t constantly tweet or Facebook post the same thing. You can keep different types of posts going throughout the day, but don’t be overbearing. For Capcom’s Unity forums, threads with Breath of Fire-related subjects are fine. Different BoF threads on Capcom’s Game Discussion and Ask Capcom forum sections are OK if they’re about different subjects (ex. one is about requesting Breath of Fire IV on PSN in UK, another is about your favorite version of Ryu or Nina, etc.).
2. Don’t be negative. There is no reason to attack a company or its employees just because they’re not doing what you want them to do. Keep this positive, and focus on the fact that you’d love to see the Breath of Fire series revitalized.
3. Respect your fellow peers. Some may hold different opinions about the games than you do, but that doesn’t make it an excuse to attack them for liking or disliking a specific title.