By Crystal Colwell / February 14th, 2013
Ultima Forever: Quest for the Avatar will soon be headed to your iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch. Billing itself as a “return to western gaming’s most beloved series,” Mythic Entertainment and Electronic Arts’ free-to-play co-op action-RPG is set twenty-one years after the events of Ultima IV (the similarly subtitled Quest of the Avatar, which can be downloaded free from GOG.com). As the world of Britannia is slowly engulfed by the mysterious Black Weep plague, Lady British (filling in for Lord British) calls out for heroes to help save the world.
|The Black Weep
Slow and insidious, the Black Weep is oozing across Britannia threatening her land and citizens. You’ve been called forth to discover its source, and put an end to the misery of the people.
Here’s a list of features from the Ultima Forever website:
Become the Avatar and save Britannia from the Black Weep!
- Play the ultimate mobile RPG for FREE
- Enjoy hundreds of hours of quests and dungeons
- Embark on epic adventures across a vast open world
- Explore dungeons and defeat enemies in fast paced, co-op action combat
- Personalize your adventure with special abilities, epic gear, and cosmetic items
- Choose your actions wisely, as every choice may have a later impact
- Experience immersive storylines as you help Britannia’s inhabitants
Mythic and Electronic Arts had planned for a simultaneous PC and mobile launch for Ultima Forever, but according to the game’s Facebook page, the iOS version has taken top priority:
We had been planning a simultaneous launch on both PC/mobile and went into Alpha on both systems. Mobile scored higher in testing and so we doubled our efforts on iOS to expedite release. After the iOS launch, we will focus our efforts on bringing the game to other platforms. We will confirm exact dates for Android and other platform releases later this year.
EAEA MobileElectronic ArtsIOS gamesMythic EntertainmentPCUltimaUltima Forever: Quest for the Avatar