By We Desire Breath of Fire / December 1st, 2012
NOTE: This article is from the oprainfall campaign hub written by an independent campaign and shared on our website. The opinions herein may not reflect the opinions of the oprainfall website.
Today, Dec. 1, 2012 kicks off the campaign to renew interest in the Breath of Fire series and show Capcom that fans would love to see a sequel to the resting IP.
Participants for this mass-posting are asked to do the following on the first of every month:
- “Like” the Breath of Fire Facebook and Twitter page.
- “Like” and post on Capcom’s official Facebook page about Breath of Fire, requesting a sequel, re-releases/remakes, expressing your love for Breath of Fire, etc.
- Similarly, “Like” and post on Capcom UK’s official Facebook page with the above. Perhaps even requesting a digital re-release of the PC version of Breath of Fire IV, or a request for Europe to get Breath of Fire IV on Playstation Network.
- Follow and tweet @Capcom_Unity with BoF6 requests as well, likewise with @Capcom_UK.
- Register for the Capcom-Unity forums and post in the Breath of Fire discussion group. Feel free to make new threads under Game Discussion that discuss elements of Breath of Fire games.
- A few threads about Breath of Fire exist on the Ask Capcom section. Feel free to post in those and give your two cents.
If you have the funds, purchase any of the following:
- If you own a Wii or Wii U in North America, Europe or Japan, purchase Breath of Fire II on the Virtual Console for 800 Wii Points.
- If you own a PSP, PS3, or Vita in Europe or Japan, purchase Breath of Fire III (PSP) on PSN.
- If you own a PSP, PS3 or Vita in North America or Japan, purchase Breath of Fire IV on PSN.
Due to differing time zones, you’re free to begin your posts when appropriate. The admin of this group is based on the East Coast of the United States, but will make an announcement about posting on or around 12:00pm EST.
Some basic rules:
1. Don’t spam. Basically, don’t constantly tweet or Facebook post the same thing. You can keep different types of posts going throughout the day, but don’t be overbearing. For Capcom’s Unity forums, threads with Breath of Fire-related subjects are fine. Different BoF threads on Capcom’s Game Discussion and Ask Capcom forum sections are OK if they’re about different subjects (ex. one is about requesting Breath of Fire IV on PSN in UK, another is about your favorite version of Ryu or Nina, etc.).
2. Don’t be negative. There is no reason to attack a company or its employees just because they’re not doing what you want them to do. Keep this positive, and focus on the fact that you’d love to see the Breath of Fire series revitalized.
3. Respect your fellow peers. Some may hold different opinions about the games than you do, but that doesn’t make it an excuse to attack them for liking or disliking a specific title.
bof6Breath of FireCampaignCapcomPS1PS2PSNPSPrevivalSequelSNESsuper famicomVirtual ConsoleVitaWe Desire Breath of FireWii