UPDATE: Pandora’s Tower has been announced for North America, published by XSEED Games, and scheduled to be released Spring 2013!
- Pick up your phone and dial 1-800-255-3700 (This is a Toll-Free number, meaning it’s a FREE call)
- Navigate the menu system until you hear the option for “Customer Service”. (Press “0″ for Customer Service followed by “5″ for “Other Inquiries”)
- Listen to the awesome Nintendo hold music
- When the Customer Service Representative (CSR) answers the phone, briefly and politely let them know that you are interested in Pandora’s Tower being localized in America. You may also inform them that the title is published by Nintendo and already released in Europe and is available in English.
- A sample script is: “Hello, my name is ______ and I am calling today because I would love to see Pandora’s Tower in America.”
- Keep it simple and brief, and politely thank them for their time.
A FEW RULES:
- KEEP IT BRIEF. Nintendo CSRs are extremely busy, and handle both Customer Service AND Technical Support questions. By tying up the line, you are creating wait time for customers with legitimate needs.
- BE POLITE. It is not the CSR’s fault that the game is not in their system, nor do they (or their managers) have any say in the decision-making process. They will simply make a note that you called in and requested Pandora’s Tower.
- DO NOT MENTION “OPERATION RAINFALL”. This is not only confusing for the CSRs, who do not need to know who we are, but it also ties up the line, since you will then need to explain what OpRainfall is, when they don’t need to know, and frankly probably don’t care. Politely ask to see Pandora’s Tower released in America, and end the discussion.
- CUSTOMER SERVICE HOURS: 6:00 AM – 7:00 PM Pacific Time, 7 days per week.
QUICK FACTS ABOUT THE GAME:
- Pandora’s Tower was published by Nintendo in Japan, Europe, and Australia
- Pandora’s Tower launched on May 26, 2011 in Japan and April 13, 2012 in Europe
- Pandora’s Tower was developed by a studio called Ganbarion, and this is their first original property
- Pandora’s Tower is an Action/Adventure game with hack’n’slash and light RPG elements
- The protagonist’s name is Aeron (pronounced the same as Aaron or Erin)
- The damsel in distress is named Elena
- The game recieved a rating of CERO C (Japan) and PEGI 12 (Europe), which is the equivalent of a mid-Teen by ESRB standards
- Pandora’s Tower has already been localized for Western audiences and has already been translated into English, Spanish, French, Italian, and German.
- The Wii console is region locked, meaning that it is impossible to play games from another region, even if they are in your language, without making modifications to your console. This will also void your warranty.